[HCDX] One log from live Radio

Bolivia, 5952.45, Radio Pio XII, 0130-0215 Noted a group of individuals talking in possible Spanish/Vernacular language. At 0136 woman singing possibly live until 0142. Live comments in Spanish Language mixed with Vernacular. This sounds very much like a live show. Local music at 0146 which sounds good. Influenced by the local music, I can see in my "mind's eye", the singing women dancing around the campfire as the men set in a circle with a glass of wine, counting the sliver they brought up out of the sliver mine today. "Tomorrow we eat." they shout. The signal is really good this evening. I'd be willing to suggest that those living further north than I, should be able to hear Pio XII easily this evening. Unfortunately, a carrier comes on the air at 0159 from Radio Japan on 5960 KHz via Sackville, almost blocking Pio XII. However, switching to LSB from USB, Radio Pio XII can still be heard. At 0208, live ID by male as, "...Pio 12.." Signal is at a fair level now with splatter and QRM. (Chuck Bolland, April 6, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida

Order your WRTH 2008: