Re: [HCDX] Radio Luxembourg & Germany callsigns

Hi Noel,
all the private spanish AM stations have a callsign
assigned (including those of the Basque autonomous
gov.) in the EAJ and EAK series. But these calls are
rarely heard on the air. Only in special events
related with the history of a station. They are more
commonly seen on the stations letter heads.
About Luxembourg, the ITU International Frequency List
4th edition (February 1967) still don´t show any
registration on LW for R. Luxembourg. The 1439 khz
entry have no callsign assigned.
Othe curious calls are these of Radio Vaticana! in
1958 they have registered the well known HVJ (as fixed
service from Castel Gandolfo, Castel Romano & Sta.
Maria de Galeria, and broadcasting from Cité Du
Vatican) but some other: HV5 (1967 1484 khz), HV100
(1967 1529 khz) HVG, HVG11, HVG17,
HVJ1,3,5,6,8,9,10,14, HVM,
HVM1,2,3,6,7,8,9,12,15,19,21,22,
HVP3,4,5,7,9,10,13,16,18,20,23.
The United Kingdom had lots of calls registered for
broadcasting. The well know three letters calls used
for the BBC on SW. Every call is registered for the 4
SW tx sites... GRM Daventry, Rampisham, Skelton,
Woofferton. Some only for three: GRG Daventry, Skelton
& Woofferton.

Saludos

M.Molano

Correo Yahoo!