Re: [HCDX] ABC Far North Cyclone Coverage on SW

Hi J.D.

Yes 6020 and 11650 is back on Radio Australia programming. This was only to serve Queensland residents while the cyclone was threatening them. Now that the cyclone is threatening the Northern Territory they are relying on the ABC SW services. Our best bet is Katherine 5025 and 2485.

The NT broadcasts over this and MW originates from Darwin and so unfortunately they don't dedicate as much time to the cyclone emergency we are facing like ABC Far North did because they had the studios in Cairns.

To see the current cyclone position goto
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDD65011.shtml

To the forecast over the next 24 hours, which is REALLY BAD, goto
http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDD65811.shtml

I'm not sure how much longer we'll have basic power services, I'm doing this email at home at 12noon local time, the cyclone should be here within 12-24 hours

cheers

Craig
--
Craig Edwards
Nhulunbuy (Gove), Northern Territory, Australia