Re: [HCDX] Radio Belarus English Bcts. - Need Help, Please

** BELARUS [and non]. Interesting interview with Swedish veteran DXer Ullmar
Qvick available on internet at http://www.tvr.by/eng/progrb.asp
In the right hand margin of the homepage click on "Listen in English
07.04.06" (Henrik Klemetz, Sweden, April 8, dxldyg via DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Yes, very interesting. Runs from 11 to 25 minutes in the downloaded file. UQ is
multilingual, and says he speaks Albanian better than English. BTW, this way
you get to listen to the nice music of Minsk in stereo (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

--- "Walter (Volodya) Salmaniw" <salmaniw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 08:26 AM 07/04/06, you wrote:
>
> >Am still trying to find out if anyone can receive the
> >0200 UTC Radio Belarus English broadcasts.
> >
> >Although I did receive one reply, it was concerning a
> >totally different broadcast at a time and frequency
> >which would not propagate to my location here in the
> >United States.
> >
> >These are the frequencies for A06 I have tried, as
> >listed on the ILGRadio site. without success: 5970,
> >6170, and 7210.
> >
> >Is Belarus off-the-air at 0200?  Changed times and/or
> >frequencies?
> >
> >Thanx and 73,
> >
> >J.D. Stephens
> >Hampton Cove, Alabama U.S.A.
>
> J.D., I think that Radio Belarus is pretty much a write-off here in North
> America.  On the west coast they're virtually never heard due to the poor
> state of their transmitters and much too low choice of frequencies.  I used
> to hear them from time to time on 11960 in our local evenings, but they
> haven't used that frequency in our evenings for years.  As they still are
> heard in the European evenings, I bet they are still "attempting" a pseudo
> North American service, but more likely aiming their transmitters at the
> few Europeans up at the time you are looking for.........Walt Salmaniw,
> Victoria,BC

http://mail.yahoo.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.