Re: [HCDX] Radio Belarus English Bcts. - Need Help, Please

At 08:26 AM 07/04/06, you wrote:

>Am still trying to find out if anyone can receive the
>0200 UTC Radio Belarus English broadcasts.
>
>Although I did receive one reply, it was concerning a
>totally different broadcast at a time and frequency
>which would not propagate to my location here in the
>United States.
>
>These are the frequencies for A06 I have tried, as
>listed on the ILGRadio site. without success: 5970,
>6170, and 7210.
>
>Is Belarus off-the-air at 0200?  Changed times and/or
>frequencies?
>
>Thanx and 73,
>
>J.D. Stephens
>Hampton Cove, Alabama U.S.A.

J.D., I think that Radio Belarus is pretty much a right-off here in North
America.  On the west coast they're virtually never heard due to the poor
state of their transmitters and much too low choice of frequencies.  I used
to hear them from time to time on 11960 in our local evenings, but they
haven't used that frequency in our evenings for years.  As they still are
heard in the European evenings, I bet they are still "attempting" a pseudo
North American service, but more likely aiming their transmitters at the
few Europeans up at the time you are looking for.........Walt Salmaniw,
Victoria,BC

--

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.