[HCDX] Is there anything particular about 5.9-6MHz

[HCDX] Is there anything particular about 5.9-6MHz

First, I'm in the southeast US (Piedmont Triad of North Carolina).

For about 8 months now I've been getting accidental reception of various
stations between 5.935 and a little above 6MHz, culminating in last night I
received simultaneously RTI (i think), radiochina (because of the www
identifier), Radio Sweden Stockholm, wwcr Tennesee (all of them I identified
between 5.9 and 6.0MHz) and an unidentified station from Cuba (there is
probably one at around that).

This wouldn't be so interesting if it wasn't for the fact that I've received
this in wildly different circumstances. First, I've gotten these exact
frequencies many times using various "circuits" and different "antennas" (or
absence of).

In particular:
http://www.cimastudios.com/fdion/water.html#wr3
or for a recap of the past few months:
http://www.cimastudios.com/fdion/water.html

I also have constructed "dry" receivers with similar results (basically
similar in concept to foxhole radios without a tuning circuit).

Or thru a Radio-Shack mini amplified speaker. I've modified it for maximum
gain and to use as a VLF receiver, and apparently the signal goes thru the
C3198 transistor which acts as a detector. Different type of antennas
produce different signal strenght, always thru a floating ground. If I get a
proper ground then I only get VLF. If I use a loop antenna, the same, just
VLF, no SW.

That's all fine and dandy, but why always these frequencies given there is
no tuner?? Surely there can be no correlation between all these various
accidental receptions. Yet, it is always those same stations that get picked
up, around 6MHz.

Thanks,
Francois

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.