[HCDX] Latin American MW logs

Heard this evening on the Mazda Protégé's car-radio:

1110 VENEZUELA, YVQT, Carúpano, Sucre SEP 17 0041 - w/ cumbia tune followed by excited SS announcer (couldn't copy a word though) followed by salsa then faded-out with QRM from noisy places. + SEP 17 0111 - with great salsa tune, then man with time-check "En Venezuela, nueve trece minutos..." possible mention of Rikarena (the tune was really great, just as "Amora Me" heard from R. Rumbos 670 in Dec. 2000 wich I have encoded in RM) then followed by a song on the opposite side, a really boring and annoying romantic ballad w/ apparent violins. (Chiochiu-QC)

No other Latins on MW, to speak of, not even RQ-910 while on the car-radio. Some domestics, but mostly very subdued like WBBR-1130. No WBT at all on 1110, only Venezuela but with a rather weak and not very listenable signal. I'm a bit tired, but I'll try to DX later this evening.

This was heard last night:

1180 YVLQ, Radio Petrolera, Ciúdad Ojeda, Zulia ??? SEP 16 0306 - Tent. w/ tropical and vallenato mx over / under more fadey than usual remains of nulled WHAM. Not // 5025 or 6030, so I assume YVLQ. Didn't match the format of the 600 kHz reception either. I don't know on what occasions, YVs can carry vallenato this style of accordeon-based Colombian folkloric music. In eastern Colombia, Venezuelan "llanera" music (folkloric music based mainly on harp and 4 cords "cuatro" quitar) is popular on the otherhand and I even heard myself such music on La Voz de tu Conciencia 6010. Spanish on 1100 (prob. the Caracol out-let in Barranquilla) and 1110 as well but too tired to pursuie. Taped this one and 1110, but not 1100. (Chiochiu-QC)

Be the good DX stuff with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu in Montreal (West Island)

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.
Order yours from http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom