[HCDX] 2nd listening session last night and correction to my logs

[HCDX] 2nd listening session last night and correction to my logs

Last night, after my report, I went back to the dials to note an unID alternative soft-rock music station on 1070 kHz, not CBA as wasn't // to local 88.5. Have a low growl on 1070 since this spring when I wasn't very active. Also fairly strong signal from WPRX-1120 with up-beat salsa and merengue music, but with lots of jumpy fades and low-level slops from WBBR-1130. The most interesting of all was drum based music on 4910 kHz, but the buzzing noises wich were present on my Sangean ATS-818 receiver where too tiring for me to pursuit DX'ing on this channel, while on the AM band it was the reverse with no powerline or whatever intense buzzing noises QRM like I founded when I got back at home.

Nothing else really interesting though except what I reported from the early-to-mid evening car-radio "adventure". Went to bed briefly after 1 AM after listening to a report on WTOP-1500 about an accident on the interstate 6 and about the damages of Katrina.

Unfortunatly, I made a mistake, putting ocho y cincuenta y cinco instead of ocho y cincuenta y dos on the Radio Carúpano logs. Here is the correction:

1110 VENEZUELA, YVQT, Carúpano, Sucre SEP 3 0048 - Building from extremely weak to very good in about 3 minutes, in the beginning slightly weaker, equal or very slightly stronger than WBT with a romantic salsa tune (I remember the words "Dame un poco calor" - Give me a little bit of hotness). At 0052 almost booming in with "En Venezuela, ocho y cincuenta y dos minutos ... Radio Centro" (what Radio Centro really mean ? It is intriguing) followed by a melodic romantic salsa tune. By 0054, WBT was covering them well, and at 0055 it was all WBT. However at 0106 surfaced again strongly, though under excellent WBT (wich by the way had a talkshow w/ a passionate anchor - don't remember his name - about the criminality in New Orleans due to the Katrina hurricane) with "Desnudate Mujer" by Frankie Ruiz, covered before the end of the tune by music jingles and traffic jingles from WBT wich made it unlistenable. Also heard way under WBT a few minutes later with llanera and what sounded like Carúpano after a soft maracas or cuatro quitar rhythm, harp and flute llanera tune but too much WBT to be sure (only heard the "...no" clearly"). (Chiochiu-QC)

Thank you very much Bruce and Risto Kotalampi for correcting this one.

Have a good 3 days long week-end !
Be the good DX stuff with you,
Bogdan Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.