Re: [HCDX] Armchair reception

Here`s why:

Solar-terrestrial indices for 23 August follow.
Solar flux 112 and mid-latitude A-index 11.
The mid-latitude K-index at 0900 UTC on 24 August was 6 (155 nT).
The mid-latitude K-index at 1200 UTC on 24 August was 7 (298 nT).

Space weather for the past 24 hours has been strong.
Geomagnetic storms reaching the G3 level occurred.
Solar radiation storms reaching the S2 level occurred.
Radio blackouts reaching the R1 level occurred.
(SEC via DXLD)

OTOH, higher frequency conditions were very poor when I checked around 1400;
just a few of the closer stronger signals audible on 16m, NOT including Chile
17680 which is usually a powerhouse here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

--- charles bolland <KA4PRF@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bolivia, 6134.81 Radio Santa Cruz, 1015-1025,  Noted a man and woman
> presenting a
> language lesson in Spanish.  Could not ident the second language being
> taught from or
> to.  At 1023 caught a canned ID "...Radio Santa Cruz ..." and time "La hora
> 6 y 24 minutos".
> I must say that the signal quality of Radio Santa Cruz was very, very good.
> It was the
> best I've heard, ever!  So, since all other regular SAM stations seemed to
> be the same
> this morning, I am speculating that RSC may have done something to improve
> their signal?
> But it could have been the perfect skywave and time for the signal to bounce
> into Clewiston?
> Anyway, the signal was armchair.  (Chuck Bolland,  August 24, 2005)
>
> Russia, 5920, Radio Rossii, presumed, 0945-0959 Noted steady opera type
> singing
> by a woman.  Scanned a few other frequencies and heard the same program on
> 7140 and 7345 but with less quality.  Signal on 5920 was poor.  (Chuck
> Bolland
> August 24, 2005)
>

> Clewiston, Florida

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs