[HCDX] Armchair receiption

Bolivia, 6134.81 Radio Santa Cruz, 1015-1025,  Noted a man and woman
presenting a
language lesson in Spanish.  Could not ident the second language being
taught from or
to.  At 1023 caught a canned ID "...Radio Santa Cruz ..." and time "La hora
6 y 24 minutos".
I must say that the signal quality of Radio Santa Cruz was very, very good.
It was the
best I've heard, ever!  So, since all other regular SAM stations seemed to
be the same
this morning, I am speculating that RSC may have done something to improve
their signal?
But it could have been the perfect skywave and time for the signal to bounce
into Clewiston?
Anyway, the signal was armchair.  (Chuck Bolland,  August 24, 2005)

Russia, 5920, Radio Rossii, presumed, 0945-0959 Noted steady opera type
singing
by a woman.  Scanned a few other frequencies and heard the same program on
7140 and 7345 but with less quality.  Signal on 5920 was poor.  (Chuck
Bolland
August 24, 2005)

Clewiston, Florida

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is out.