Re: [HCDX] Apintie

Aimo,
if you are looking for stations from the Western
hemisphere on SW I suggest you listen in between 0400
and 0600 UTC, in September perhaps even a bit later.
MW is trickier, but make it a habit to try just a bit
before your local sunrise. Don´t expect to hear a
whole lot of Brazilians or Argentinians as in Finland,
these stations are quite rare in Spain, but if you are
lucky you may fetch good signals from the Caribbean
and the from US Atlantic seaboard.
Africans should be no problem on 60 and 90m just after
your local sunset.
Nighttime DX, from 2100 to 0400 is practically useless
This is roughly what I have found when DXing from
various locations such as Palma de Mallorca and
Lumbrales (W of Salamanca, on the Portuguese border).
On the other hand, DX reception on FM can extremely
good in summer from many locations in the W
Mediterranean. Using a whip antenna and a pedestrian
transistor receiver in Palma I have been hearing lots
of countries ranging from Ireland and Sweden in the
north to Turkey and Greece in the east.
Henrik Klemetz

--- aimo ruoho <aimoruoho@xxxxxxxxxxx> skrev:

> Thank you all for your communication...
>
> Would it be possible for them, who send reports on
> stations received to add
> information about their shack
> (antennas+receivers+surroundings)?
>
> Aimo Ruoho,
> Torrevieja, Alicante
> Spain, South-East Coast
>
> It is really different to try to do some DX here in
> Spain, where there are
> so many AM/MW- stations around! I used to live in
> Helsinki Center for years
> listening to South American SW-stations , many times
> with only with the whip
> of my SONY! Now I suppose, that the local
> communication is covering with its
> power and intensity the air, so that it may be
> almost impossible to hear any
> far-away SW-stations lower with power than about
> 50kW? - Anyone disagree?
> If, let me know what to do about it? My DX-hunger is
> frustrating me. Any
> good advice will be welcome.
> 73, Aimo
> ant.:DX 1 Pro MK II,
>       Datong AD-370,
>       2x coaxial loop,on inside walls,
> rx.: SONY ICF-2001D,
>       SONY CRF-220,
>       TRIO 9R-59DS,
>       HEATHKIT SW-717,
>       3x SELENA,
>       Ten-Tec RX340
>

> <BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT:
> 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
> 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font

style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr

Commercial]---------------------<br>&gt;<br>&gt;World

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0823077942/hardcoredxcom<br>&gt;<br>&gt;---[End

http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt<br></font></BLOCKQUOTE>