[HCDX] Kenwood R-1000

Greetings, fellow-listees

Back in the eighties, Peter Jennings, the Canadian, was stationed in London
for ABC TV news. Every nightly broadcast carried his televised contributions.
These were the days before he took over the anchor desk of ABC Evening  News.

On the broadcast set, to the side of his left shoulder on a table  behind
him, there used to be a familiar piece of hardware. I recognized it as a  Kenwood
R-1000, and wrote him once to confirm. His editor replied that  1) Peter was
too busy to reply, 2) that I was very observant, and 3)  it was, indeed, a
Trio-Kenwood R-1000.

The result of that incident was that the R-1000 was moved or  removed
quickly.

Bill Wildes
Homewood, Alabama