[HCDX] Loggings from Victoria, BC

VANUATU 7260.16, 0901-, Radio Vanuatu Mar 22 S7 to S9 signals, but with
lots of static crashes.  Summer must be close at hand!  In English ('You
are listening to....'), but then switched into French at 09:02.  Very clean
French, so I'm wondering whether this in fact is a RFI relay (ie doesn't
sound local).  In general, French isn't heard all that often on Radio
Vanuatu (Bislama is by far the most common, then English, and finally
French).  Take away the static, and reception would be quite nice.  Nothing
heard on 75 meters.  Radio Vanuatu ID in English at 09:16, so cut away from
what I'm assuming was RFI programming, and into local islands music.  As I
continue to monitor, reception is improving with less static.  Radio
Vanuatu (VanuaTU) ID at 09:20. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR IS 4760, 1429-, AIR Port Blair Mar 31 Quite nice
reception this morning with Indian music with about an S6 signal.  As is so
often the case, the voice modulation is less than the music, and more
difficult to understand.  About an S5 signal.  A presumed logging as I
could not hear any ID at 14:30. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

CHINA 4940, 1430-, Voice of the Strait Apr 2 Fair signal with English
programming.  Not as strong as previous weekends, but the male announcer
has a very readable accent.  News at the BOH.  The YL is still difficult
for me to follow clearly.  About an S7 signal.  Short pieces interspersed
with musical bridges. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

AUSTRALIA 15390, 1502-, HCJB Apr 2 Pleasant surprise to hear DX Partyline
in progress at good level, but with occasional deep fades.  In the clear,
so a pleasant listen.  It's been a while since I've monitored this program
on SW. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

RUSSIA 11985, 1522-, Voice of Russia World Service Apr 2 More difficult in
A05 to monitor VOR during this time period.  I was able to find this
frequency at fair to good level, (listed on their website as to the ME),
parallel to better 15455 (to Europe).  9660 to SEAs possibly very weakly
heard.  Sites unknown, at least until I can get an ILG A05 or similar
database.  English program about the 1945 storming of Konigsberg (now
renamed Kalinigrad). (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

JAPAN 8466.5, 1555-, Kyodo News Agency Apr 2 For something totally
different, try FAX.  I'm watching as a JJ newspaper is being
faxed.  Perfectly readable if I could read the script!  There, there was a
header, with 'Kyodo News Sports'.  My Fax list has a frequency listed as
8467.5 with F3C at 10 kw, 60/576 RPM/IOC.  Just another fun part of the
hobby!  Sorry that it's a little off topic as far as SWBC is
concerned.  Parallel is 12744.5.  I use USB, with about 600 Hz offset from
the 'mark' at 2000 Hz.  MixW is the program.  Very easy to use.  The latter
freq is listed a kHz higher, with 15 kW.  Equally strong.  17069.6 is
weakly readable. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

UK 15145, 1606-, SW Radio Africa Apr 2 Good to Very Good reception with
sign on at 1600 with the usual 'Aaafricaa...' sign-on with mentions of
frequencies.  They asked the listeners to 'get those thumbs handy.  You'll
find us in the 25 meter band'.  Parallel 12145 was only a little less
powerful, but perfectly readable.  On recheck at 16:20, loud squeel on LSB
side, from 12143.5, so use USB, and faded way down.  Don't know if this is
deliberate, or a ute.  Then into election results.  Mentioned  interesting
parallel to Ukraine's recent elections at 16:17 with the call for thousands
to rally and protest the fraudulent results.  '50 won't work...thousands
are needed'. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

VATICAN CITY 7335, 0420-, Vatican Radio Apr 3 Strong reception in an
unknown language until 0419, then just as the IS was starting, they cut,
and changed bearing and/or transmitter, since at 0420 the resultant IS and
ID was much weaker.  I still can't tell for sure the language.  Bells
ringing, presumably announcing the death of Pope John Paul II.  Using LSB
to avoid CHU, plus notch helps. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

COLOMBIA 6139.78, 0426-, Radio Lider Apr 3 Nice S5 to S7 reception, best in
LSB to avoid the het, with an ID at 04:25 (approx), as 'Radio Lider,
romantico'.  EZL light Spanish vocals.  Again an ID, with just 'Radio
Lider' at 04:29:30.  Not sure why I haven't heard this one before.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)