[HCDX] Pacific Asian Log (PAL) moves to new home

 Wellington, New Zealand
 March 15,2005

 *Pacific Asian Log (PAL) moves to new home*

 Bruce Portzer's Pacific Asian Log (PAL) guide to mediumwave stations
 from Afghanisatan to Alaska and beyond has moved to a new on-line
 location at www.radioheritage.net effective immediately.

 Bruce Portzer says 'the opportunity recently came along to move PAL
 to a new home, add new features and make it more widely accessible to
 the DX community. This is great news for everyone who likes to use
 the most up-to-date list of AM stations from this exotic part of the
 world.'

 New features include an on-line search capability for popular
 searches by country, location, network and frequency. More
information can be added to the database later, such as links to
individual station web sites and streaming audio.

 According to Portzer, 'everything you liked about the previous
 editions is here, with details of hours of operation, call-signs and
 slogans, formats and transmitter powers, as well as location,
 province or state and more.'

 PAL can be accessed as a complete document in frequency order or in
 alphabetical country order, or with the new simple searches which
 should prove popular for DXers looking for specific stations.

 'It's also neat to partner with the New Zealand based Radio Heritage
 Foundation' adds Portzer, 'because the original PAL was created there
 in the 1950's by the late Merv Branks, and this brings PAL back to
 its homeland roots.'

 'Now we're on-line at www.radioheritage.net, we can also keep
 PAL almost constantly updated. DXers can send me updates, corrections
 and new information from the website and we'll have the whole PAL
 database refreshed in a short space of time. This is incredibly fast
 and user friendly.'

 Seattle WA based Bruce Portzer has also been appointed
 editor-in-chief of the on-line radio guide series being introduced by
 the Radio Heritage Foundation throughout 2005.

 Radio Heritage Foundation Chairman David Ricquish welcomed the new
 partnership with PAL. 'This is a great bonus for DXers everywhere,
 with easy on-line searches, and so much information about Pacific
 radio. Hosting PAL on our website just made so much sense, and we're
 really glad to have someone of Bruce's standing in the DX community
 partner with us.'

 He adds 'Merv Branks was one of my mentors in the DX hobby, so
 it's really special to honor his original creation of PAL by having
 it back home in New Zealand after almost 40 years - this time as part
 of a global monitoring collaboration headed up by Bruce in Seattle.'

 The latest edition of PAL is now available at www.radioheritage.net.

 Radio Heritage Foundation
 PO Box 14339, Wellington
 New Zealand