[HCDX] 50% Venezuelan music

Hello to all of you !

I listen to Kys FM since over an hour and I heard several llanera and joropo songs as well as many Spanish pop songs. About half the music is in Spanish. A few from Spain and Ricardo Arjona from Guatemala, but the vast majority is from Venezuela. I never heard so much Spanish music on this station. Check out www.kysfm.com

I think the law Iowa DX'er Don Moore talked about a few months ago, back in November was adopted this week.

On the DX-side of things, nothing too good. I heard Radio Educacion 6185 kHz a few days ago with a farily good signal and Rebelde 5025 is booming in almost every night with on some peaks a local-like signal. When I begun DX'ing in the summer of 2000, I never heard them. I only hear them since the spring of 2003. Anyone knows if they did some transmitter improvements in 2003 ? On MW, the only Latins are RVC-530, Rebelde-600 (in // with 5025 of course), weak Progreso on 640 under WNNZ, Rebelde-710 (under WOR) and RCR-750 (YVKS) under WSB. Nothing else, not even Union Radio-640 wich was in the 2002-2003 season, the most regular Venezuelan.

That's it for now !
I'm going to study at history, 'cause I have an exam tomorrow !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan
Btw.: Right now, at 1753 UTC they are playing "Si No Te Tengo Aqui" by Hombres G