Re: [HCDX] Is Computer Logging DX?

Marcelo Said:
Last year I had a disagreement with Glenn Hauser about exactly the same
subject. On that occasion someone from USA sent Gleen a message saying he
had got
a verification (QSL) from Liechtenstein. I thought Radio Liechtenstein
was on Shortwave but for my frustration Glenn told me that this "DX er"
had heard the station over the Internet.

Thomas Says:
If it doesn't fade (QSB) or have noise (QRN) it's not radio. Collecting QSL
cards for hearing radio stations over the Internet must be a separate hobby,
not to intertwined with QSLing radio stations via the ionosphere. Here in
the U.S. though, if our FCC allows BPL which is "a broadband Internet
connection via  AC power lines", the QRN will be so bad, as to relegate all
of us to listening to radio via Internet.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, Meteorologist
C/S KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm

KN4LF 160-10 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm

Friend Website Design Studio:
http://www.kn4lf.com

---