Re: [HCDX] Tube radio question

RMBJ> I'm just wondering....

RMBJ> How many of you use a Boatanchor (vacuum tube radio) for DX'ing? Do you
RMBJ> have more than one? If so please list the ones used.

Old faithful one here is a mint Collins 51J-4, in my posession for the
last 15 years or so :) I knew I had a winner as soon as I snatched it
from a garage sale, because it pulled amateur stations from Indonesia and mid-western
USA  on 3800 kHz with just a few feet of wire inside
the room. Despite having two excellent modern solid state receivers, I
still prefer fiddling with the dials late at night. Fortunately, spare
tubes are on hand in case something goes amiss :) Also, my radio
club has a BC-348 in good condition, still producing a nice sound on
broadcasting bands.

 Igor                            mailto:yt1mm@xxxxxx