From: mcummins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Commins)
To: jdstephens@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Ireland on shortwave  ...WCRI
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:26:11 GMT

Dear Mr. Stephens,

 Thank you for your e-mail. After fifteen months of weekly broadcasts
from
Ireland, we had decided to terminate our programmes (due to lack of
Government support as we have been doing it all on a voluntary basis) at
the end of January. However, due to the surprise offer of sponsorship for
two further weeks by the News of the World newspaper in England, we will
now be doing two further Wednesday night broadcasts to North America. So
we
will have shows on February 5th and 12th at 01:00-02:00 hrs UTC (GMT)
which
corresponds with the Wednesday evenings the 4th and 11th from 8.00 p.m.
9.00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Thanks for your e-mail and if you could find time to drop a short letter
our Minister calling for support for the project, we would very much
appreciate it. Her name and address is: Sile de Valera, Minister for
Communications, Dublin, Ireland.

Best wishes from the West Coast of Ireland,

Michael Commins

Michael Commins, Murneen, Claremorris, Co. Mayo, Ireland.

Western People journalist.