NEWS: R Pyongyang goes crazy

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
NORTH KOREA

As if they weren't crazy enough, Radio Pyongyang made several unusual
errors this weekend. On Saturday, part of the Japanese transmission
0700-1000 was first on 6560, then 6520 kHz instead of 7580 kHz. On Sunday,
the usual Japanese opening announcement ("We now start our Japanese
transmission. Enjoy our programs!") was aired near the end of the Korean
broadcast 0600-0700, and the first few minutes of the Russian broadcast
0800-0900 was mixed up with Korean and Russian coming up alternatively,
after which everything was Korean instead of Russian.

Errors like these are way too rampant. Obviously power shortage and ageing
equipment are not the only problems. I suspect the RP crew of a serious
morale crisis. It's awful hard to monitor a station like this and check its
new schedule!

Sonny

Sonny M. Ashimori <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxx>