From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:49 PM
To: IRCA
Subject: Re: [IRCA] The VACTROL progress

Chuck and Colin,

So it looks like the best way is not to use this for the EWE the way it is designed? I may have to build a different antenna, one that is floating, a K9AY, a Flag, or a KAZ antenna?  Any form of a "loop" is my best antenna to use? I was concerned about any form of voltage/current in the ground. Our soil is swampy and very wet most of the year. The grounding always enhances the TP reception here, so I like to use it. John Bryant and I always used to discuss that, as in OK it never made any difference.
  My EWE's are all Ground connected. At the far end is a control (2-3K pot) that runs between a series of ground rods and the end of the EWE for termination. I peak the pot for a null and leave it.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager