Re: [IRCA] [mwdx] Correction: 1140 WRLV Salyerville KY, not WLOD TN, on late

--- Begin Message ---
Cuban with piano music is probably Musical Nacional // 590.

Other one is usually Radio Surco.  They ID often.
Example: http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/audio1/r_surco_cuba-1140_20150324_0000z.mp3

Talker could also be one of the Rebeldes.  Easy to parallel that.  670 and 1180 must burn out your front end there in coastal NC since they're smokin' loud here 500 or so miles farther along the same line.

There are a total of 6 different-programming Cuban 1140's.  They are trying to bury WQBA Miami.  I don't think any of these is monster power though, not like the menagerie on 1180.

When I checked 1140 at 11 p.m. EST / 0400 UTC, I had CBI Nova Scotia way over everything else.  This on the TA antenna (peak 80 deg.).

South antenna usually has WRVA, WQBA, and Cubans (with Surco and Musical Nacional the best).  Brazil at sunset occasionally.

Rick, is that your permanent QTH or a DXpedition?  Receiver and antenna there?  Good to see some Outer Banks activity.  Not too far from there was Al Merriman in Chincoteague Island, VA.  His DX was very similar to what I have here on Cape Cod - decent Euro's, good Caribbean, etc.  I have not seen anything from him in a LONG time.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
Other than WRVA on 1140.0175 I have an unidentified Cuban with Piano mx on
1140.0038 and another Cuban on 1140.0269 with talk.

Rick S., Rodanthe NC OBX FM25go

--- End Message ---