[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 25-31, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page42

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75 with E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

** MEXICO. 610 // 650, Dec 29 at 1314, the Sinaloa twins with their morning agriculture show, mentioning Guasave meeting: XEGS 610 Guasave, XETNT 650 Los Mochis (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 660, Dec 29 at 1318, adstring by live announcer, mentioning MazatlÃn and Delicias, for a farmacia i.a., from WSW, presumably XEACB in Ciudad Delicias, Chihuahua (no 660 in Sinaloa); along with another SS further counterclockwise, could be Durango or Aguascalientes. By 1330 UT, ``The Answer`` KSKY The Metroplex captures 660, exactly its official Dec & Jan sunrise time for jump from 700 to 20,000 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Dec 29 at 1322, rustic music by fiddle and guitar past 1330, and at 1331 full ID in Spanish for XEETCH, Etchojoa, Sonora, and then same in indigenous language, both mentioning sponsoring federal agency CNDPI - ComisiÃn Nacional para el Desarrollo de Pueblos IndÃgenas; no QRM at first, but 1334 something in English, probably WLW resurging almost at our sunrise; heard more than once, including 1335, interjexion between tunes, ``ÂQuà me toque un baile!`` -- play me a dance. I love listening to this native music; hard to pull away to keep bandscanning (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1806, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Dec 27 at 0121, romantic music, break and ``continuamos con el fonÃgrafo de 720 AM`` atop WGN most of the time. Might have been KSAH TX, but definitely Mexican at 0142, with PSAs from INE - Instituto Nacional Electoral, SCT - SecretarÃa de Comunicaciones y Transporte, CNDH - ComisiÃn Nacional de Derechos Humanos; another ``continuamos`` non-ID as above and back to music. Presumed the usual irritant {yea, nemesis} to WGN, making a slow SAH with it, XEDE, Saltillo, Coahuila (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 760, Dec 25 at 0207 UT, on Nissan caradio, Spanish station is dominant with several social media contacts mentioning Universo, and then ABC, so it`s 70/10 kW XEABC in Los Reyes de la Paz, EdoMex, i.e. effectively the DF while it still exist. I couldn`t hear WJR now if I wanted to (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 790, Dec 25 at 0209 on caradio as I tune by, without really trying, hear time pip and RR, from Radio Reloj, which per WRTH 2016 is 25 kW from Pinar del Rio, altho there`s another at the far other end of the island, 10 kW in HolguÃn (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BONAIRE [and non]. Even when KQCV OKC is actively gospel-huxtering English in the evenings, gospel-huxtering in Spanish can be heard along with it, no doubt the super-powering TWR 800 BONAIRE.

XEROK 800 is still negligible but supposedly on the air at very low power. The new 2015 IRCA Mexican Log still has it as 50/50 kW, no mention of any degradation; likewise the new 2016 WRTH: despite numerous non-logs from myself and others the last several months (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 830, Dec 24 at 0602 UT, last few strains of choral Mexican NA among the mix as I am nulling signal already reduced from WCCO with CBS News --- so Spanish here doesn`t have to be WFNO Norco LA. Ten XEs are listed (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Dec 29 at 1328, YL Spanish talk about fiestas, then she switches to Tarahumara, as it`s obviously XETAR, Guachochi, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 890.7, Dec 27 at 0123, quite a het here not against WLS, but against Cuba`s R. Progreso on 890.0. Can`t pull any audio from it, but is best on E-W rather than N-S antenna. Surely Algeria would not be that far off 891 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 970, Dec 29 at 1339, ballads in Spanish pulled past local 960 KGWA, 1342 DJ maybe mentions Jota, 1347 fades for next announcement including phone numbers. Probably XEJ in Ciudad JuÃrez, Chihuahua, now known as Pancho as listed in 2015 IRCA Log, while WRTH 2016 still has it as La J Mexicana (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

I recently discovered that XEJ did not vacate the AM dial after all (they merely added an FM and cut the power on AM 970 to 1 kW (Tim Hall, CA, ABDX via DXLD)

** MEXICO. 1030, Dec 28 at 0635 and at many other times, dominant signal is Spanish talk, which no doubt is XEYC, R. FÃrmula, in JuÃrez, Chihuahua, 1/1 kW, rather than 50/5 kW XEQR, R. Centro in the DF, almost twice the distance whence signals are remarkably rare (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENINNG DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1030, Dec 29 at 1346, R. FÃrmula, Grupo FÃrmula ID in news/talk, so XEYC, Ciudad JuÃrez, mostly on network feed out of XERFR DF 970 but occupied here and there by XEJ, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1060+, Dec 26 at 0604, choral NA ending, as usual making LAH on the hi side of 1060.0 stations, full ID for XERDO, ``La Raza`` also mentioning 93.7 FM, i.e. Reynosa. This is a new station first appearing in the WRTH 2016 edition (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA [non]. 1520 & 1540, CRI relay no longer on KYND & KGBC TX: see Domestic Report

** CUBA. 1620, Dec 28 at 0317, as I tune in, ``Parada de Ãxitos, Rebelde``, and // 5025, so not relaying the FM network instead this time. WRTH 2016 has three Rebeldes on 1620, two of which are in Ciudad de la Habana province, 5 kW in Guanabacoa, and unknown power in El Sapo, surely one of those rather than the third, 1 kW in far-off GuantÃnamo. One other Cuban 1620 is R. Bayamo, Granma (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---