[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, November 1-5, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [NOW 5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside or N-S random wire; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page40

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 1610, Nov 1 at 0647 UT, all-Spanish from Toronto, ``CHHA, Radio Voces Latinas``, dÃcimoprimero aniversario promo, celebrating 11 years on air, 416 AC phone, then promo 16-10 AM, y su departamento de ventas (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** OKLAHOMA. 530, Nov 4 at 1259 UT starting a MW bandscan, our local is back on! ``From Enid, Oklahoma, you are listening to K530AM, Vance Air Force Base``, and on to rotation of hoary old PSAs: H1N1 virus awareness, from CDC; ``they jump out of trees`` about booster seats for kids; hurricane preparedness --- gas up (as if we ever had anything but remnants this far inland).

Carrier is slightly on lo side. It had been off since at least January 16, 2015, as in DXLD 15-03. I would guess it has been restored to full power, 10 watts? We`ll see how well we can null it again at night for Cuba. Reminder that K530AM is not an official callsign, but being military, they can call it whatever they like! Consider it tactical? (Glenn Hauser, Enid, WORLD OF RADIO 1798, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1820, Nov 2 at 0015 UT, very poor S3 sports talk or ballgame, matching KCRC 1390 ESPN. A local Enid external mixing product, apparently, with KGWA 960. They are 430 kHz apart, and this is 430 kHz above 1390. The two are not at the same site, but a few miles apart. I would prefer it to be another ESPN from afar, such as a 2 x 910, so I need to catch something local on 1820 from KCRC to rule that out; or some audio from KGWA on 1820. I don`t hear its own second harmonic which would be 1920 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

=============

** U S A. 670, Nov 5 at 0722 UT as I tune across, ID for ``98.9 FM, Caddo Country``, i.e. KHGZ, 5 kW DAYTIMER in Glenwood AR, having abandoned its porcine identity. Nevertheless, FCC AM Query thinx its call remains KHGZ, since Feb 1, 2013, ex-KWXI, ex-KQAC. Makes SAH of about 4 Hz with WSCR, but quite mutually nullable at close to right angles. I first reported the flip from silly sportstalk to country music on Oct 28; Paul Walker says they were also on air earlier this UT day well after sunset (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 880-CUSB, Nov 5 at 1301 UT, hymn in Navajo, 1302 UT English ID as KHAC, Tse Bonito NM, and reciting Psalm XXIII in English. Seems always on 10 kW day power ND, penetrating far to the east at night unlike compliers 770 KKOB and 660 KTNN (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060, Nov 2 at 0010 UT, Mexican music dominating from west, vs XERDO het evitable from south, so presumably KXPL El Paso already (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, Nov 1 at 1331 UT, Elder Jacob O Meyer is speaking on `the Sacred Name Telecast [sic]`, also on radio and has own ``SW radio station here at Bethel, Pennsylvania``. EJOM is sounding quite vivacious, considering he is dead since 2010.

This loops NE/SW and is surely KXEL Waterloo IA, still in on skywave half a sesquihour after sunrise here. Yes, on the SNB radio log at:
https://www.assembliesofyahweh.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Radio-and-TV-Log.pdf

Which however is amusingly outdated, a page from their magazine of two years ago, and it was outdated even then. Of only five US domestic stations, KXEL`s time shown as Sunday 11:30-12:00 pm = ambiguously meaning morning instead of night?

Also with long-gone split-frequency Caribbean outlets, Dominica 595, Grenada 535, and also Radio Anguilla 1530 --- huh? Was it ever on that frequency? Long ago it was on 1505, and a neat split DX catch for many including myself.

As for WMLK shortwave, CYA: ``WMLK Radio Assemblies of Yahweh Shortwave (Note: There are times that WMLK is not broadcasting because of maintenance or repairs.)`` I`ll say! it remains off the air as it has been for over a decade. Read all about it at http://wmlkradio.net/
especially this Update page, but undated and unchanged for years, no progress at all? They got the 250 kW unit in 2006!
http://wmlkradio.net/wmlk_radio_bbc_250kw_tx_update.htm
If they EVER come back, WRMI and WINB may have to cede some time to WMLK on 9955 and/or 9265 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1798, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WH2XDE update --- Hi Jerry, Well, DST is almost over, so I wonder if you still plan to resume carrying World of Radio, and if so, confirm day and time? Or whether WH2XDE [1750 kHz, Victor NY] is still on the air, as I have not seen any logs of it for a long time. Please update the status. 73, (Glenn to Jerry Whitney, Oct 30, via DXLD)

Hi Glenn, All of our tests were finished this summer mostly during daylight hours. The license expires in the spring so I don't expect much more activity. There is some thought to renew or apply for some shortwave frequencies but no decision has been made yet. Thank you to you and your listeners for the interest. I will send an update if there are any changes to the status of the station. 73 (Jerry Whitney, WH2XDE, Nov 2, WORLD OF RADIO 1798, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---