[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 11-3 (Conclusion)

For some bizarre reason the elevated solar activity seemed to elevate Asians signals, providing one of the better sessions in this lackluster season. A potent sunrise enhancement boosted the Japanese big guns up to respectable levels, along with several unusual low-band Asians.

Because of the dire solar predictions my session started off at 1415, and I didn't really expect to hear much of anything. To my surprise the NHK big guns on 594, 693 and 747 were in and out at S9 levels, and a collection of several second-tier Asians was managing weak audio as well. 558-HLQH had fair strength // 603, while 639-CNR1 was in and out of the KFI splatter. Something was also on 648 in the CISL splatter around 1435 but was way too weak to dig out any details (except for apparent male speech).ÂThe strongest of the second-tier Asians was 738-BEL2, reaching a fair to good level with Chinese pop music at 1446 //Â1143 (which was much weaker, but with itsÂfirst audio here this season). The 1143-BEL3 signal had another (apparent Chinese) station with it in a weak mix at times, which caused some flutter inÂits audio. By 1450 my short session was winding down, with the second tier Asians bailing first, followed by 594Âand 693 shortly after 1500. Overall it wasÂpretty interesting session, and totally unexpected after theÂdire solar warnings.

738Â BEL2ÂÂ Penghu, TaiwanÂÂ Chinese pop music // 1143 at fair level at 1446
https://app.box.com/s/ccgf6evdl6pk6mqgyx5oz1o9bgt1pikg
Chinese female speech at fair level at 1448
https://app.box.com/s/mdwrqrtr96wsql65igypccnse4rz1xjg

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna

ÂÂÂ