[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, October 23-29, 2015

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during DST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside or N-S random wire; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page40

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2749-USB, Oct 23 at 0242 UT, S5 signal with English marine weather by synthetic YL voice. CCG site shows at 0240 UT it`s VCS Halifax via Sambro site, while one hour earlier it`s via Chebogue.

(Also tried for the 2582-USB Iqaluit/Resolute 0205 UT broadcast around 0212 UT, but no dice when it should not have finished yet) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 2749-USB, Oct 25 at 0104 UT, YL in French with marine weather, sounds non-native but also non-robot. CCG website shows the closest broadcast starting before this minute is VCO Sydney NS via Port Caledonia site from 0040 UT, but nothing about it being partly in French.

2749-USB, Oct 25 at 0151 UT, French again, now approaching Parisian standard. From 0140 UT it`s listed as VCS Halifax via Chebogue site. Nor French listed for this (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===============

** OKLAHOMA. 1120, Oct 25 at 1847 UT, KETU/KEOR Catoosa/Sperry/Tulsa is still active, nothing but music in Spanish, still never any announcements heard whatsoever (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1600, KUSH Cushing on random chex, I have yet to hear them utter ``Voice of the CimarrÃn Valley``, but slogan does appear on a display ad I found in a shopper; also references SNN = StillwaterNews.net and 1600kush.com (Glenn Hauser, Enid, Oct 26, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1650, Oct 24 at 0159 UT I find the Sallisaw station with silly ballgame, evidently hi-school football involving Springdale (a NW Arkansas town) and Morristown?/North Side? The play by play announcer has a perfect opportunity to insert a legal ID circa 0200 UT but still has not by 0202 UT. I want to know whether KFSW is still calling itself KYHN!

CCI from a station promoting Oklahoma (presumably college) SBGs on Fox Sports 1 --- that`s got to be KCNZ Cedar Falls IA, the only Fox Sports Radio affiliate on 1650, and also a regular here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1650, Oct 25 at 0059 UT, promo for `Hook & Hunt Show` Saturday morning at 5-7 am CT, but runs over and overridden by bong and CBS News at 0100 UT; no ID hearable. Try again at 0204 after another newscast: promo for another show on ``Big AM 1650 KYHN``, a.k.a., at least to the FCC, as KFSW. Still as KYHN all over the website too, http://kyhnradio.com/ (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1650, Oct 25 at 0559 UT, Sallisaw station still with singing ID as ``KYHN, Fort Smith``. It`s really incredible that so basic a datum as a station`s callsign should be a matter of dispute/misunderstanding/ignorance? between a licensee and the FCC which has changed it to KFSW, presumably on request of the station! Searching on KFSW, I see that a number of streaming aggregators have automatically followed suit, even when displaying programming as from ``KYHN`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===============

** U S A. 560, Oct 23 at 0251 UT, Jim Bohannon going into a long commercial break until about 0255 UT, presumably his old station KWTO Springfield MO. After non-matching PSAs/ads, then find // 690 KGGF Coffeyville KS but 6 seconds behind it. Anyhow, two stations around here carrying Jimbo`s first hour live, and probably the other two; altho KWTO is not as solid as you would expect with a night lobe aimed slightly south of here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 670, Oct 28 at 1253 UT, country music looping WNW/ESE, surely the AR station normally heard at SRS, but it`s supposed to be sports-talk! Soon into news bit, from ``Southwest Arkansas` News Leader, Caddo Country 98.9 FM and 670 AM``, ads for Hot Springs, Hope; 1257 another such ID with Community Calendar, plus ``from the banks of the Caddo River, in Glenwood, Arkansas, caddocountryradio.com``. Never any callsigns given; has been KHGZ, which is no doubt due to change to erase its previous ``Hog Call Sports`` identity.

Still KHGZ, 5 kW ND daytimer, in FCC AM Query. At first I thought they were saying ``Cattle Country``, having switched mascots as well as formats! Used to be with CBS Sports Radio, but never(?) // WSCR 670 Chicago, which this late is no longer audible. 1310 UT claims ``four in a row without commercials on Caddo Country 98.9 and 670``.

I think this is quite a recent flip; the Community Calendar on website dates back to March and September, and still has old e-mail address.

The FM is, you guessed it, a mere translator despite top billing, K255BH. On AM, in case they adhere to daytime SR/SS times, for Oct they are: 1215-2345 UT; Nov, 1245-2315 UT (but of course as we go off DST Nov 1, morning opening will *seem* to be half an hour earlier rather than later) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 690, Oct 25 at 1850 UT, open carrier/dead air from KGGF Coffeyville KS; finally at 1852 UT comes alive with ad for Incorporation.com, 1853 UT more dead air, 1853.6 UT resumes Steelers football at Arrowhead. I was hoping they would stay dead air except for commercials, as has happened before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 760, Oct 24 at 1214 UT, KMTL, Sherwood AR, daytimer is signing on with 10 kW. 1215 is correct LSR for October; November will be 1245 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 770, Oct 23 at 1315 UT, still no pop-on from KKOB Albuquerque NM, its nominal Oct sunrise time for ND pattern. I guess it`s strange (lack of) normal SRS propagation, unless they are off-schedule. Used to be reliable (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 770, Oct 27 at 1314 UT, I`m waiting for KKOB Albuquerque NM to pop onto ND 50 kW day pattern, and today it does, at *1314:27 right in the middle of a news report from KOB-TV about resigned Secretary of State Dianna DurÃn`s plea deal so she will keep her pension, as her many years of service to the citizens had nothing to do with her embezzlement/gambling scandal. More about that:
Dianna Duran takes plea deal in fraud case, pleads guilty to 6 counts
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3944402.shtml

I`ve been trying in Oct to catch KKOB at official FCC 1315 UT sunrise, but no luck until today. From November, it will shift to 1345 UT, so we will likely lose signal again. Axual ABQ sunrise today was 1323 UT, and that`s about when KKOB starts to fade (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 770, Oct 29 at 0640 UT, `Red Eye Radio` is a full 30 seconds ahead of flagship 820 WBAP which delays it for some reason (plenty of time to hit the kill button for sensitive Metroplexians?). 770 being KKOB and/or KKOB.

(I notice some editors delete my comments about KKOB and KKOB. Let me remind you that there are TWO KKOBs on 770, one in Albuquerque and at night one in Santa Fe, and from this angle it`s not possible to be sure which is being heard, or both. KKOB itself is no help, without any individual IDs) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 790, Oct 26 at 1242 UT, ``KNST, 790, Tucson`s most stimulating talk``, and warning against listening for more than 4 hours (tee, hee). It`s 5000/500/PSRA 500, broad cardioid day and night favoring the east (to protect KABC, no doubt), and this is before 6 am MST anyway, so should be on 500 watts only; but is it? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. UNIDENTIFIED. 870, Oct 29 at 1157 UT, guy speaking English with Britishish accent, loops roughly east-west --- certainly not WWL, XETAR or KFJZ, but what? Could be a preacher. Nothing listed seems to fit. Fades before 1200 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Hi Glenn, I wonder if your 870 unidentified could be WKAR from East Lansing Michigan? It is NPR from Michigan State University and carries many BBC programs. I believe it is 10 kW daytime only (Steve Frock, KB8QHE, Springfield, Ohio, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Steve, I bet you`re right. I was not looking far enough beyond adjacent and second-adjacent states. Their schedule shows BBC Outlook until 1200 UT, and local sunrise was 1208 UT today; FCC sunrise for October was 1145 UT (Nov: 1230 UT; Dec: 1300 UT). Daytime pattern heads NNW, but rather broad without a deep null toward here. And I was also getting WNWI 1080 Chicago area a few minutes later. Tnx, (Glenn, ibid.)

** U S A. 970, Oct 24 at 1221 UT, report about women`s hockey in North Dakota, then ``First News from 970, WDAY`` Fargo even tho it`s Saturday (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 990, Oct 24 at 0217 UT, HS FB coverage I am getting on the E/W antenna, but only CBW on the N/S antenna. Nevertheless, since the teams are Lewisville (Farmers) vs Plano East Panthers, it must be The Metroplex 990 station, KFCD Farmersville, close to south of here, address in Dallas, despite listing in NRC AM Log as SS:REL:ETH, 7000/920 watts. It`s brokered, so apparently that allows for SBGs in English; tilting DX-398 so both CBW and KFCD are heard, they make a fast SAH of at least 10 Hz. Checking webcast at 1617 UT, it`s Spanish religion on ``99-90`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1010, Oct 29 at 1258 UT, I am paying more attention than usual to the gospel huxter here in English, since the AM Switch column in the latest NRC DX News Nov 2 refers to the St Louis market 1010 station, twice as ``KXFN`` -- surely a typo? Altho stranger things have happened in swapping calls around, a.k.a. trafficking:

``SPECIAL TEMPORARY AUTHORITY (STA)
1010 KXFN MO St. Louis â Station was placed into receivership, FCC granted receiver permission to take control of station, and receiver discovered station is not operating properly at night; applies for STA to stop night broadcasting for now.``

``Stations informing the FCC that they are silent: 590 KFNS IL Wood River â Silent Nov. 12, 2014; station was placed into receivership, FCC granted receiver permission to take control of station, and silent notice has now finally given. (See co-owned KXFN-1010 above.)``

I thought the g.h. was male, but outro show as joycemeyer.org [sp?], 1259 UT ad for St Louis New Testament Church, weather, and finally at 1301 ID as KXEN (NOT KXFN). Of course a spoken ID even at hourtop does not necessarily mean it is correct; witness 1120 KETU/KEOR, and 1650 KFSW/KYHN! So I consult FCC AM Query:

Yes, as far as FCC is concerned, 1010 is still KXEN, while the real KXFN is also in St Louis, but on 1380, and they are separately owned, KXEN by BOJ Radio Enterprises LLC and KXFN by Grand Slam Sports LLC, holding that callsign on 1380 since 6/20/2012 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060, Oct 23 at 0158 UT, I am listening to music in Spanish hoping for a ToH ID from presumed KXPL El Paso TX. (This is following up my Sept 26 log at ``0148 UT, ranchera music, WSW/ENE, 0151 UT seguà romantic tune, 0154 UT another seguÃ``). Since then I frequently hear what must be this with nothing but music, now continues past 0201 UT and starting with ranchera, nothing but seguÃs at 0206 UT, 0209 UT, 0217 UT ``My Way`` in instrumental EZL version, 0219 UT, 0224 UT.

Only QRM was briefly at 0200 UT instead of an ID from this, some English station with ABC News --- a few intriguing possibilities for that (KIJN Farwell TX, remember, is gone from 1060.)

The music loops slightly CCW from east/west, which fits for EP, and there are no other SS US or Mexican stations in those direxions with the possible exception of KRUZ in Arkansas, 500-watt daytimer which is supposedly silent since April and never logged here (despite attempts during a supposed brief activation with its temporary wire antenna earlier this year).

2015-2016 NRC AM Log shows KXPL as SS:NWS/TLK, ``Radio El Paso-JuÃrez, con su mÃsica`` which would appear to be contradictory.

How about Wikipedia? Surely outdated as ``La Voz 1060``:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KXPL
which linx to:
http://www.lavoz1060.com/

``A brand new radio station of itâs [sic] kind in El Paso, La Voz 1060AM initiated on February 1st of  2008. This station is dedicated to provide news and informative content to the Spanish language listener [sic] in our region. Programs range from three (3 [sic]) local newscasts to audience interactive community help shows through; [sic] call _ [sic] response, forums and psychology/medical help.``

As of last February, while it still existed, Cantà site listed it as ``Radio NET 1060`` --- yes, even tho it`s really a US station. NOT in the 2014 IRCA Mexican log --- since it`s really a US station. Incomplete US MW listings in WRTH 2015 give bare-bones info, call, power, address, no slogans or even language.

Now we`re getting somewhere with Radio-locator.com as of today:

KXPL-AM 1060 kHz
El Paso, Texas
"Radio Sol EnergÃa Musical"
Station Format: Spanish
Website: none

FCC AM Query doesn`t deal either with any programming info such as slogans or language. But all agree it`s a 10 kW daytimer, and FCC with sunset/sunrise info here converted to UT:
October  0030-1315 UT
November 0000-1330 UT

The DX-398 was running with this while I was bandscanning on the NRD-545, with KXPL all-music-all-the-time jukebox at least until 0230 UT, but around 0240 I realize I am no longer hearing it, so maybe signed off two hours late, but never any announcements heard.

Looks like it`s following the example of 1120 Catoosa/Sperry/Tulsa OK, KETU, a.k.a. KEOR --- yes, I`m still hearing its Mexican music with nary an announcement. What`s the deal with these, anyway, tax write-offs? Can`t be earning any money with no commercials, and if they are paying for music licensing (what else?), not to mention electrical fluid, they must be operating at a loss.

I still want to hear a KXPL or Radio Sol EnergÃa Musical ID. Is that too much to ask? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060, Oct 23 at 1315 UT, no sign of KXPL El Paso, with the presumed all-music format, at its official Oct sunrise time when it could go 10 kW ND; NRC AM Log says it also has a 500-watt PSRA, which means it can start at 6 am local with that (a.k.a. 0800 ``ELT``), i.e. 1200 UT now, 1300 UT after DST is gone from November 1. However, if it`s cheating at night two hours past sundown, why follow the rules in the morning either? All I`m getting on 1060 is weak English talk from NW/SE, presumably KRCN CO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Note to editors converting my domestic reports from UT to ``ELT``: when I am talking about the conversion and timechange as above, it won`t make any sense unless you leave in the UT references

** U S A. 1060, Oct 24 at 0223 UT, ranchera and other tunes from east/west, no doubt the same station I have been tracking, surely KXPL El Paso TX, as once again no announcements whatsoever, pauses between tunes, at 0224 UT, 0227:30 UT, 0230 UT, 0234 UT. After that seems to gradually fade out (or turn down the power?) rather than sharp sign-off, but no longer being heard by 0240 UT. A DXer in El Paso could tell us what`s really happening with this as well as XEROK 800 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060, Oct 25 from 0102 UT, I`m running the DX-398 on the continuous Mexican music station, while bandscanning SW on the NRD-545. It`s still looping east/west, with good peaks but occasional fadedowns. Finally at 0124 UT there is an announcement! Only part of which I catch, introducing a corrido to follow, ``Los PÃrez``(?). From then on it`s AMATT (all music all the time) including no break at 0200 UT hourtop, 0204 UT a good dominant peak; like the previous nights still going past 0231 UT but fading out by 0236 UT; as I continue to presume it has to be KXPL El Paso TX, but please, an ID?? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Re: KXPL-1060, I've been reviewing hours of recordings from the Border Inn [NV/UT] beverage site, and that's all I'm hearing too. Just endless strings of music, with no announcements or IDs of any kind. It does seem rather pointless, doesn't it? If I had to guess, I'd guess they're just keeping it alive on auto-pilot while looking for a buyer. 73 (Tim Hall, CA, Oct 26, ABDX via DXLD)

** U S A. 1060, Oct 29 at 0659 UT sounds like M. Angelica, soon plug EWTN, insert ID for ``KRCN 1060 AM, Longmont-Boulder-Denver``. Good dominant signal which we should not be getting in the nightmiddle, 50000/111 watts U1 â guess which? Does Angelica condone such violations, in the name of God? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1080, Oct 25 at 0622 UT, KRLD Dallas with Charly Jones on `Texas Overnight` talkshow anticipating that Joe Biden may announce he`s running in the Saturday night Jefferson-Jackson Day Democratic dinner --- but, but he already said no Oct 21!! Besides repeating a long-outdated show for cleared channel audience, CBS-owned stations skew far-right in their locally-produced and national talkshows carried, hardly ``mainstream``. This guy is constantly berating Hillary and any other Democrat, I suppose trying to outdo the Red Eyes over at WBAP (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1080, Oct 29 at 1205 UT, talk in non-Russian Slavic QRMing KRLD about 6-7 Hz away. Must be the Polish ethnic station in Chicago market, address in Riverdale, WNWI Oak Lawn IL, 3/2.6 kW U2 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1100, Oct 24 at 0211 UT, horrible collision of two different talk stations at about equal level, i.e. KNZZ Grand Junxion CO still on ND day pattern, vs WTAM Cleveland. KAZ hear Chicago was also getting KNZZ later.

1100, also Oct 24 at 1225 UT, ``Big Billy Kinder Outdoors`` (BBKO) discussing avoiding jellyfish, deer hunting. Originates at WBAP:
http://bigbillykinderoutdoors.com/
as scheduled Sat 6-8 am MT on KNZZ
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1100, Oct 25 at 0609 UT, open carrier/dead air from the NW, obviously KNZZ Colorado Springs CO, which lately has been running 50 kW ND day pattern, and in fact it`s hard to null it enough to get WTAM Cleveland. Still same at 0620 UT, maybe all night?? What a sorry excuse for a max power radio station (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1100, Oct 28 at 0612 UT, `Red Eye Radio` anti-American political talk, looping NW/SE and surely KNZZ Colorado Springs CO, 50 kW *still* on ND day pattern at night; makes fast SAH with WTAM Cleveland, and KNZZ is dominant. The RER feed is also running many seconds ahead of originator WBAP 820, which must be deliberately delaying it locally (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1120, Oct 29 at 1207 UT, gospel huxter in English with KMOX mutually nullable, but in between seems zero-beat until I detect a very slow SAH of 15/minute = 0.25 Hz, no doubt KTXW Manor TX (Austin), 5600/155 watts U4; no KEOR/KETU yet from OK. KTXW official sunrise is not until 1230 UT; November: 1300 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, Oct 24 at 0209 UT, ranchera music from east/west, vs sports in English from KWKH; presumed WLBA Gainesville GA still cheating (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1190, Oct 23 at 1318 UT, ``All new Talk Radio 11-90`` non-ID, traffic report but can`t recognize anything distinctive, flood warning, promo new show `Watch Tower`, Sundays at 9 am, long adstring mostly national past 1325 UT fading out. DF fits DFW and of course it`s only KFXR, The Metroplex. Program sked at
http://www.1190talkradio.com/onair/sunday/
confirms `Watch Tower` show; now who could be behind that? (The J.W. normally make it one word, Watchtower.)

First a Yahoo search on the slogan above suggested WOWO and KEX as well as KFXR. I try the Wikipedia article on KFXR which includes this long list about a station which for a decade never had been able to decide on and keep any identity. And altho the calls have stayed KFXR now for almost a sesquidecade, the format has not:

``Former callsigns
KLIF (1947-1991)
KLAF (1990)
KYII (1990-1991)
KUII (1991-1992)
KGBS (1992-1995)
KDFX (1995-1997)
KOOO (1997-1998)
KLUV (1998-2000)
KJOI (2000-2001)
KTRA (2001)``

That is no doubt based on FCC AM Query which shows exact dates:
http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/call_hist.pl?Facility_id=25375&Callsign=KFXR

Altho 50/5 kW, the signal here is not reliable at all, night or day, due to extremely complex direxional patterns requiring 4 towers in the daytime, 12 towers at night, from two different sites! Which presumably accomplishes its main goal, best possible coverage of The Metroplex while protecting KEX, WOWO (and XEWK?). NRC Pattern Book shows day has major lobes to ESE and WSW and a minor lobe north, Okieward (but lies too far away to serve us on groundwave, as even KRLD 1080 is quite weak daytimes), while night pattern has the WSW lobe only (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1200, Oct 26 at 1249 UT, we have no WOAI but a choice of religion in English from N/S, i.e. KFNW North Dakota; and separable ranchera from further clockwise, WAMB Nashville? But it`s supposedly not Spanish now. 1250 UT live DJ with weather info info in Spanish, now 45 degrees, hi to be 62, CDT timecheck as 10:8. Checking NWS, forecast hi for Nashville is 67, and for Chicago 60, so it`s closer to the known big SS on 1200, WRTO Chicago (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1360, Oct 29 at 1232 UT, Spanish plugging Nueva Vida church in Dallas, i.e. KMNY in its ex-Money format, 50000/890 watts U4, CoL Hurst TX. Sun just rose officially at 1230 UT; November: 1300 UT.

Since keeping call despite getting religion, can we come up with a new slogan to fit? Well, evangelism is still all about money to do it; or MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING LICENSEE, LLC could be interpreting KMNY as ``many``.  ``May Not Yell`` would be helpful too (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1460, Oct 25 at 1252 UT, ``We`re The Outlaw, playing the best country music,`` loops N/S. It`s KCLE Burleson TX, address in Cleburne (i.e. = The Metroplex), BTW also listed with AM stereo per NRC AM Log, 11000/700 watts U4. Oct FCC sunrise was 1230 UT, but November will be 1300 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, Oct 28 at 0603 UT, open carrier/dead air for a minute, 0604 UT ID as WCKY, ESPN 1530, more dead air, then finally fading up ESPN sports talk in progress. What a sad excuse for a once-great 50 kW radio station. I also had 1530 deadair on the caradio circa 0120 UT Oct 27 and hoped it was something more exotic than Cincinnati OH (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==================

UNIDENTIFIED. 730, Oct 25 at 0055 UT, instrumental jazz music, CCI from silly football game in English at second quarter; 0057 UT Korean talk. We know the last one is 500-watt KKDA Grand Prairie (Metroplex) TX; the FB could be KQPN West Memphis AR. An interesting frequency tnx to no bigsig from 100 kW XEX in the DF. NRC AM Log has none with a jazz format per se. It seems two of the three Canadians on 730 specialize in traffic reports, French and English. I suppose it could even be another Mexican (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1240, Oct 24 at 0203 UT, surprised to find some Spanish talk slightly above the graveyard pileup. I get it on the E-W ALA-330S antenna, but not on the N-S NVLW, which means it is approx. but not necessarily exactly from the east/west. Some ads; 0206 UT I seem to miss a full ID which mentions a frequency ending in punto cinco, i.e. an FM simulcast, ``una estaciÃn (tropical?)`` or something similar, ``todo lo que gusta``, 0207 UT seems to go into music as it is fading into the din.

Now begins the search for possibilities, top states to check in the NRC AM Log 2015-2016 for SS being: AR, CO, IL, KS, KY, LA, MO, NM, OK, TN, TX. Here are the only 1240 SS stations in all those states:

IL: WSBC Chicago (+ETH, not all Spanish, but from the NE)
TN: WNVL Nashville (only one due east)
TX: KTAM Bryan (only 380 watts; but from the SSE)
TX: KSOX Raymondville (only 850 watts, but from due south, in the RGV)

Some have an FM but none listed in .5. By proximity I would have picked Dalhart or Albuquerque, but AFAIK neither is in Spanish. Of course one of the listed English stations in all those states could have flipped format since August. Ideas?

WNVL website http://www.activa1240.com/ says nothing about any FM, which surely they would plug if they had any. Unless it`s outdated; I see a 2014 date on it. WNVL is a sibling to 880 Ranchera, the one which has been relayed on 6220 & 8820 SW tnx to WWCR and WNQM.

Due to the DF, I have discounted from the outset that it could be a Mexican, but check IRCA Log anyway and find that of the 13 stations on 1240, three of them do have FMs in .5 --- and not all of them are 1 kW or less like in the US. Only 1/1 kW XEWG in Ciudad JuÃrez would be close enough to westward, but no FM known. Cantà also had the three others with XXX.5 FM of the 12 he listed. CiJz is common here on many other frequencies including 1300, so maybe that`s it. Distance almost a megameter, 946 km or 588 statute miles (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1360, Oct 25 at 0210 UT, screaming pentecostal gospel huxters, loops ESE/WNW, dominating and with a LAH; seems out of the ordinary. I`ll bet it`s WMOB Mobile AL, 9000/200 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1660, Oct 25 at 0204 UT, Mexican music is dominant, on the E-W antenna. Usually we get a mix of Kansas City, West Fargo and Waco, more or less N/S, all with silly sports in English. NRC AM Log also lists three SS 1660s in the conterminous USA: California, Florida, but strongly suspect this is KXOL Brigham City UT, or rather DKXOL, which the FCC thinx has been Deleted:
https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=87107
`` Deleted facility record. Deleted facilities cannot be reactivated.  Interested parties must file an application for construction permit during the approprate [sic] AM application filing window. Licensee: INCA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.`` --- oh, yeah? BUT has been widely reported continuing to operate [date correct; log overlooked from previous report] (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 2660, Oct 26 at 0535 UT, very poor signal but some music audible, gospel? Continue to suspect 2 x 1330, KGLD, Tyler TX as IDed years ago. I can detect the 2660 carrier just about any time of night, but getting enough signal for definite ID is still challenging. AFAIK no one else has ever reported this, tho some others with more gain and a better location might succeed. Periodically I scan the entire 2 MHz band for more MW harmonix; you never know when a new one might erupt, like KWHW Altus 2900v last May (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) end

--- End Message ---