[IRCA] 15 October Victoria TP's - the clocks ticking

When I hit the dial at 1400 UTC I felt like I was dropped into the final
minutes of a double-Jeopardy round...

Me: "I'll take geography for $2000 Alex..."

Alex Trebek: "Good choice Colin... and now the question: "Name the city and
network of the Japanese station occasionally heard under the Korean on 1053
Khz..."

Tick tock, tick tock, Tick tock, tick tock, Tick tock, tick tock,

Me: "Is it NHK Aichi Alex?"

Alex: "Ohhhhh! Good guess... but no.... it is the CBC network,
Chubu-Nippon-Hoso.... and you wagered all the money you had...."

Todays session was frenetic and fast paced for the 5 minutes of free time
that I had - Top Tier NHK stations were in fine form on 594, 774 and 828 Khz
Modest performances from some of the regular Koreas - but it was the
impressive strength of 891 - I think, from Japan...
https://youtu.be/T9kQZcFo_xc

I also passed by 693 and got audio on there with 690 nulled into the noise
with the phaser. Also 900 had some interesting speaking on it -- but it
could have been domestic too. YOUTUBE Link below.

Mental note of audio in a quick sweep on 531, 558, 567, 594!, 603, 639,
675!, 693, 702, 729 (solid carrier), 738 (French), 747, 828, 864, 873, 900
https://youtu.be/T9kQZcFo_xc
909, 918, 954, 963, 972, 1008, 1053, ----  this is where time runs out.
1566 was good but not stellar - nor was the upper band that unusual --
heard JJ on 1287...
and I am sure there were more - just no time.

Because when you are on Jeopardy... and the clock runs out... it runs out...

--

*Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> - Coffee.bc.ca <http://Coffee.bc.ca> and