[IRCA] Belize

FWIW, a number of years ago we spent two weeks driving Belize from top to
bottom & back, as well as to the Guatemalan border, where we declined to
have the rental  car dragged across the river by bulldozer(bridge was out).

We encountered all manner of friendly people in a variety of circumstances &
were able to communicate with ease. There were a variety of accents:
American; German; Caribbean; Mexican; & British, all perfectly intelligible.

Even the chaps from the International Monetary Fund & the British Army Base
for Jungle Warfare training that we met, were perfectly understandable & I'm
a native Canadian.

It may well be however, that because of my dim witted demeanor, extra care
was taken? YMMV.

Cheers, Terry