[IRCA] September 7 TP DX report on the new flag - Part 2

Listened between 1215 and 1325 UTC

Receivers - AOR-7030+ with a Wellbrook ALA100M /  Drake R8 on a N/NW Flag
with FLG100(LN) KAZ Loop Amp + 900 ohm termination

529 SQM Alaska - on most of the morning crushing whatever was on 530khz --
also getting boxed in by a jumble of signals on 531 through
the entire listening period.

540 CBC Ucluelet - // 690 CBC around 1305 - was here the entire time / kept
popping in looking for China - have not heard this for years.

558 Assume Korea with Pop music up and down over the entire listening
period.

567 NHK1 Sapporo JJ conversation

576 Jumble of stuff - nothing rising to the surface

585  "    "    "    "

594 Japan - one of the stronger signals - completely in the clear at times
well over the level of whatever was on 600.

603 Korea assuming the Pop music by and large in the clear and units of db
well over 600 khz

612 Assume 4QR Brisbane struggling with QRM and splash from 610

621 Choral music hammering 620 --

657 Burbles in the racket set up between 650 and 660 - never really stood
out much.

675 Mix of orchestral music way down in the mud.

702 A mix of stuff here that I could only guess at in the blistering crunch
of CBC 690 splash

738 powerful mix of stuff here - but buried largely under the racket from
730khz Vancouver (which the FLAG is pointed right at.)

747 NHK2 Hokkaido - here all  the time and at respectable 100% copy -
language lessons I think through session

756 RNZ (t) surprised to hear pop music and low modulation EE talking here
mostly in the clear

765 jumble of signals - mostly border line audio but nothing winning

774 NHK2 Akita - solid signal through entire listening period

783 jumble

819 Assume KK here with choral music -- getting stronger and stronger as
LSR approached (around 1339)  - 1315

828 NHK2 Osaka - pretty good signal throughout the session - but not as
good as 594, 747 or 774...

855 Mix - growl of different stations but nothing taking charge

891 Mix hammering 890 but not much intelligence apart from occasional
syllables and snitches of music

909 Pop music at 1310 UTC but did not hang around long...

Hints of activity, snatches of sound on 918, 927, 936, 954...

972 KBS Korea - likely the 2nd place title holder this AM next to 1566
which was, by far the heavyweight signal champion...

1017 Mix of stuff struggling for supremacy but nothing stood out.

1053 Mammoth jammer - entire listening period

After here I just cruised around the upper band looking for stand outs...
like 1287 Japan which was stunning (created some videos of
these that I will upload later... 1143 khz some big things here but did not
hang around...

1566 FEBC Korea - mind numbing levels all morning until tune out.

A great beginning I think!

For those interested, I will be outlining every aspect of creating one of
these, somewhat limited space, but deadly powerful
antennas in a web based review shortly.

73 All!

--

*Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> - Coffee.bc.ca <http://Coffee.bc.ca> and