[IRCA] August 6-10 "Cliffhanger" DXpedition

Hello All,

The greatest collection of ferrite rods this side of the Ukraine will once again be tracking down DU signals at the Rockwork 4 ocean side cliff near Manzanita, Oregon this week. From Thursday morning to Monday morning the plan is to set up bothÂ17" Medium Wave and 12" Longwave FSL antennas in search of New Zealand, Australian and South Pacific island DX-- hopefully without too much interaction with Murphy's Law, foul weather and "sleeping squatters."

My DXpedition partners Chuck Hutton and Tom Rothlisberger plan to join up later in the week, returning from a joint effortÂin late June. Tom's small broadband loop made out like a bandit with South Pacific NDB-DX on Longwave the morning of June 28th, surprising bothÂof us (especially me, who figured that there was no chance for such propagation). I've upgraded my 12" Longwave FSL with top-of-the-line 1162/46 Litz wire for this trip, and like "The Who," don't plan to be fooled againÂ:-)

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (leaving the DU-DXing wasteland of Puyallup, WA this morning)