[IRCA] Kiribati on 1440 from near Florence, OR

While DXing at a place called Sans Souci - between Florence and Yachats, OR - I heard what I believe to be Kiribati on 1440kHz following a tip from Chuck Hutton.  I was using a 160â DKAZ with 902 ohms Rt [termination resistance] pointing about 235 degrees, pictured here:

http://realmonitor.com/grayland12/IMG_1833.jpg

At 0800utc on July 30th I heard the following unmistakable island choral version of âOh What A Friend We Have In Jesusâ under KMED - starts at :14.  Kudos to Guy Atkins for recognizing the hymn.

http://realmonitor.com/grayland12/150730/SS/0800/kiribati-1440-0800.wav

Then, at the very end of a 1000utc TOH wav file I heard what I believe is the Kiribati national anthem - starts at about :16

http://realmonitor.com/grayland12/150730/SS/1000/kiribati-1440.wav

I used this YouTube to compare what I heard to the Kiribati national anthem and am pretty certain they match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pn9vHqkCwA

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA