Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA MIA TP's for 3-17

Wow, the most unusual morning I have ever had in Masset.  Wanda's family
had a tragedy with the death of a 26 year old nephew.  Funeral is today in
an hour.  Haida traditions are very special.  No funeral directors here.
The coffin was made within a day of his death, with a remarkable haida
killer whale on the lid, drawn by my adopted Mother's son.  The coffin was
brought to the home of the eagle clan chief (it was his son).  A large
traditional long house.  The place was packed.  Their was a short service,
then the lid was removed.  The young man was dressed in the finest Haida
regalia.  The wake went on through the night, with crowds going out the
door.  As you can imagine, radio hasn't been on the forefront of my mind.
I had a very restless sleep, so didn't get to the bands until 14:30.  Like
Gary and Nick, it was check the antenna time!  Absolutely not a peep from
HLAZ 1566, which is always a huge blaster here.  Nothing on 1575.  So, down
to 531 and there was a strong signal with islands music.  Must be the kiwi
station.  I only wished that I had started much earlier.  Signals were weak
all around.  Brief 693 Japanese, and 774, but otherwise all kiwi and Aussie
stations.  Lots of them!  My main laptop had a HD failure Sunday.  So I am
only using an old XP machine, which runs Perseus 2.1f fine.  Can't get
newer versions to work...something about the windows dll not recognized.
So, no Mestor.  At least I can still capture wav files.  I risk losing all
the wav files from Sunday, the only ones that were still on the laptop.
Anyway, sorry for the off topic.  73,  Walt