Re: [IRCA] TP DX in Seattle on March 6

At 08:24 07-03-15, you wrote:
... Here 35 miles south of Bruce the peak TP propagation seemed to follow the Victoria script, with sharp peaks on 594, 693 and 972 after 1400 UT. But 1566-HLAZ never has managed to stick around for as long as 2 hours after sunrise at this mediocre, landlocked location. Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm not sure land-locked is the answer..(hearing HLAZ once again this morning, at 1620UT, only audible at peaks and it does do deep fades, next peak 7 minutes later (http://www3.telus.net/public/shallpat/listen/HLAZ_20150307_162634.wav); it's not as good as yesterday, and they won't be selling advertising in Victoria, but the sun IS shining brightly out there)

This is being heard best on my north Flag and the path from HLAZ comes right down the spine of Vancouver Island, all 400 nasty kilometers of it. I'd suspect high angle reception, in order to avoid all that rugged land.

But you do have the Olympic Mountains to contend with, just not 400 km of them, hi.

best wishes,

Nick