Re: [IRCA] Or get a Perseus...

Hi Guy,

>From the sounds of it, you are able to work around the overload/clipping
issues. Having a 1KW station that close is a tall order for many rigs. My
closest stations are 7-8 air miles, and they are not putting all of their
signal my way. So, I would probably would not have any issues.

As for software, I generally run HDSDR with my QS1R, so the learning curve
would be minimal, just load the .dll and any other files into the HDSDR
folder, and select when launching. The FDM Software looks interesting, as it
allows for a second panadapter/waterfall as well as 4 slice receivers. I
have not used SDR radio, as it does not support the QS1R, but it looks like
it is fairly robust.

Seriously considering the FDM S2, but I am waiting to see if the FDM DUOr
version makes it here to the states. Looks like an FDM S2 with knobs. This
would allow for somewhat greater flexibility for Field operations, while
allowing for computer connection and presumably all of the software
functionality of the S2.

73,

Mike Bates

Inver Grove Heights, MN