[IRCA] KKXA test

I got home about 4:40 PM, Sunday afternoon and the KKXA was still going on. It went off I guess around 5:30 or thereabouts. I started a CD recording immediately and just before KKXA went back to hybrid mode, the audio popped in with Forever and Ever Amen by Randy Travis for about 10 seconds, and then back to a solid carrier until they switched back to hybrid. I did not expect any HD reception here and I got a lot from the KRKO test and even a bit of the KKXA test. I am more surprised. The HD gets out at full digital power a lot better than I would expect, especially with huge QRM on 1520 (KGDD). The QRM on 1380 is not nearly as bad.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager