Re: [IRCA] U.S. Punjabi stations broadcasting into Canada

OK so it was a few years ago when CKST and CTFE combined. It has been several years since they switched to night rig IMO. Perhaps there was an error made when they moved and broken hardware to switch was never fixed.

Several years ago they went from never being heard here at my IL QTH to backgrounding WHO on nights when skip is good to the Pac NW.

I can tell that they didn't switch on nights when they'd be coming on legally using day pattern prior to Vancouver sunset switch time, when there'd be no reduction in power at or after switch time. .. ie they'd be bothering WHO all night. It is the same situation this month, although cx aren't yet good enough to allow presunset skip to the Pac NW. Note also that high lat. cx were better a couple years ago than they are this year and on really good nights in late Sept and late Oct, stuff like KOMO could be coming in here with WMVP phased down, as much as an hour prior to Seattle's sunset switch time.

73 KAZ Barrington IL  Perseus and two element Broadside DKAZ array aimed west