[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 5-11, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page25

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 540, UT Monday Sept 8 at 0258, odd language catches my ear, neither Spanish nor English but soon rather certain it`s Low German; signal dominating from WSW, and 0300 into Spanish ``La Ranchera de Paquimé`` XETX ID from Chihuahua, 5 kW, Grupo BM, and joining La Hora Nacional a bit late, I think. Often heard before but probably first time in LG; Nuevo Casas Grandes is near the US border beyond what I thought was the Mennonite area further south in Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1738, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Sept 7 at 1200 UT, big buzz on carrier, with SAH of 38/minute = 0.63 Hz. Such behavior previously traced to XEGD in Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, I thought, but then XE NA and sign-on for ``La Poderosa`` (not very), 90.3 and 700, which is XEGD, seems to be the understation beneath hum. The only other N/W Mexican on 700 is XEETCH, Navojoa, Sonora which we have also heard. Perhaps we should also suspect KHSE, TX Metroplex, the only nearby US station, otherwise unheard (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710-, Sept 7 at 0150 UT, big het to 710.0 stations from the southwest, i.e. the usual sometimes-off-sometimes-on XEDP, Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710-, Sept 9 at 0244, big LAH against 710.0 stations, the usual suspect being XEDP, La Ranchera de Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua, which is sometimes on-frequency too; hard to believe it`s only 100 watts at night as per Cantú (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Sept 9 at 0557, SHVA includes mention of ``Caliente 105``, but I have misspelt it, per Cantú:
720 XEDE La Kaliente + FM 105.7 Saltillo, Coah. 8,000 250
Best with WGN nulled, but sufficient to do a number on the poor Chicagoan even when not nulled; the two are not that far apart oppositely. Hard to believe it`s only 250 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 790, Sept 7 at 1216 UT, mentions Radio Fórmula, presumably XENT in La Paz BCS, on 10 kW day power already (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 850, Sept 7 at 0145 UT, after rock in English, Spanish TC for 7:44, 21 grados C; then this-day-in-rock-history mentioning Pink Floyd et al. 0146 PSA for Chihuahua, ``más grande estado del país``, 0147 federal promo for `La Hora Nacional` Sunday at 10 pm; mentions Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin, FM 103.7 --- which chex as XHHEM, // 850 XEM Chihuahua city. Not much signal from KOA needing nulling, and oppositely, nothing at all heard from KFUO MO which in August was on until 0200 UT with organ music, etc. Now closing earlier? Official Denver sunset has advanced from 0200 UT in August to 0115 UT in September. KOA, of course, stays 50 kW ND day and night, for all the good that does them vs QRMexico (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Sept 7 at 1205 UT, XETAR, Guachochi, Chihuahua has just opened, M&W sharing sign-on duties in Spanish and Tarahumara, for 12-hour daytime; 1206 UT announcement with added echo effect; date as 7 de septiembre, 6:07 am, temp 14C. Always fun to hear this indigenous 10 kW daytime station which can get out well at SRS. Our sunrise today: 1208 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 900, Sept 11 at 0558 UT, beeswarm-noise looping WSW/ENE; probably a Mexican just signed off but open STL still being relayed. XEDT in Chihuahua the prime and only suspect in that direxion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 910, Sept 5 at 1211 UT, automated YL timecheck as 5, 11 minutos, back to Mexican music. So has to be in the UT -7 zone = PDT/MST. There is no Nevadan; Arizonan is not Spanish; only Mexican fit is XEAO in Mexicali BCN, 250 watts day & night per Cantú and WRTH; 1000/250 per IRCA; all as Radio Mexicana. Only other possibility would be KOXR in further Oxnard, with similar format, 1 kW night, but like all the 910 Alta Californians direxional southwest into the Pacific while XEAO is ND (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1040, Sept 5 at 1205 UT, amid heavy QRM, not just WHO, make out mentions of BM Radio, Chihuahua, and Grupo Radiorama. Therefore it is XEHES, in Chihuahua city, the only 1040 in the estado, and which Cantú confirms is with Radiorama:
http://www.radiorama.com.mx/chihuahua
Cantú and IRCA Mexican Log show 5000/250, Estéreo Sensación // FM 94.1 XHHES. WRTH 2014 agrees on power but name as `Éxtasis Digital`. I logged this a few times in 2012y as ``Romántica`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1510, Sept 5 at 0128 UT, again hearing Mexican music station, loops NNE/SSW appropriate for Monterrey; fades for ID at 0130 UT; another SHVA announcement at 0137 mentions 15-10 AM; and at 0138 sounds like ``[two syllables] Radio``. Just too much QRM from several stations even with WLAC nulled {and something off-frequency making a low rhumble} (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1521, Sept 7 at 0152, JBA het upon far-right talk from 1520 KOKC, surely the 2000 kW Sa`udi, so should I even pretend it`s unID? WRTH listings make it easy with *nothing* else on 1521 region 1 except: a 10 kW in Bahrain (whew, at least Duba is direxional away from there); a 5 kW in Spain (asking for trouble), and 70 watts in Great Britain (expecting coverage within a few feet only anyway) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific carrier search, Sept 10 at 1155 UT: JBAs on 774 and 828, i.e. surely the NHK Japans. My neighbor near Perry OK, Richard Allen also had 774 at 1051-1059 same date, poor to fair, on his ultralight Tecsun radios, but with souped-up ferrite antennas. He did not say he got any audio, but FSL promoter Gary DeBock congratulated him on ``his first TP audio of the new season`` (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---