Re: [IRCA] [dxld] AM radio struggling to keep listeners.

As usual when the LA Times writes about radio they didn't quite get it right. There were a couple of mistakes.

I thought a serious omission was not saying anything about the difficulties with reception due to interference caused by devices found in many households; some LED lights, touch on lamps, dimmer switches and lots more.

It mentioned the possibility of all digital AM. I think some of the proposals are for the lower VHF TV frequencies. I don't know how ducting would affect the digital signals. The AM radios we all have would be useless.

Sent from my iPhone