Re: [IRCA] CBU-690 off

That's the first time I've ever heard of that, Eric.

Wonkypedia's wording about a Nanaimo tx is missing the all-important "FM". That was turned down by the CRTC, resulting in 690 being maintained.

And the mention in the <Nanaimo> entry reflects the status of programming from 690 as being from Vancouver, not local programming from the Hub City itself. It's interesting that as the second-largest population centre on the Island, Nanaimo doesn't get CBC service from Victoria as do other communities with relays. But, hey, a 50kW blow torch from salt marshes across a water path of ~50km, should do the trick!

I don't see any mention of media in the Gibsons' Wonky link, but CBC's frequency advice for both locations lists CBU/690 for Radio One service.

Theo