[IRCA] TP 24 Jan, Victoria version

A big DX session was followed by an even bigger day, so I didn't even get to (part of) the recordings until after 9pm local time. At the moment, I'm rather hoping for a big wipeout tomorrow morning so that I can spend more time with this morning's recording. There's just so much there....sit on a channel and listen to things mixing, fading, just generally going bananas...sounded like I'd canned some Grayland and brought it home. I wonder what I missed under the dominant signals (because I mostly ignored them)? If someone said India was on 1566 at one point, I wouldn't be surprised.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

1116 China...don't know if it was CNR5, no pips at 1500UT, three " xxx renmin guangbo dientai"...by man and woman, need to learn CC... 1557 Taiwan vocal pop mx 1510UT, but other times also, matching the web stream in case anyone wondered
1566 HLAZ man in CC 1503 and 1510UT, and numerous other times.  Just immense.
1593 CNR1 somewhere, I verified this was //6175....but just one example man in CC 1539UT

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

828 JOBB man in JJ 1503UT
1098, China? though not convinced it was CNR11, western style pop vocals after CC talk 1522UT 1314 JOUF and DWXI...? JJ talk 1519UT, but mixing w/choral mx and male talk, could be Tagalog 1332 JOSF? pop mx 1519UT, at 1513UT there had been a woman talking in there as well, maybe CC 1422 JORF and CC? from 1504UT onward, a battle royal here, pop mx and CC talk, w/CC talk often dominating
1503 JOUK JJ talk at various times, and likely someone else there also.

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

747 JOIB man in JJ 1517UT
774 JOUB man in JJ //828 1505
909 CNR6 quiet mx at 1516UT //1089...
1143 woman in CC 1515UT, Taiwan?
1287 unk. China. woman CC talk by woman 1520UT and other times, often dominating JOHR 1287 JOHR man in JJ 1526UT sometimes ID'd //1269 as long as someone else wasn't dominant on either channel.
1593 NHK2 chimes u/CNR1 1543UT
1602 NHK2 chimes 1541UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

603 China?  woman talking CC inflection o/u soft mx
1089 CNR6 first noted 1508 w/jazzy piano, but ID'd at 1516UT w/ //909 , both new for me.
1161 woman talking 1523UT CC inflection, plus mx, a mess...
1170 CNR1 last of CC pips, start of Beijing time check 1500UT, then back came KPUG from its break, but could sitll hear CNR1 interlude mx underneath 1179 CC pips 1500UT, CC sounding talk by man 1514UT, often mixing w/assumed JOOR, JJ sounding talk
1224 man talking 1508UT, not //594...
1242 low pitched jammer?? various times, but underneath at 1526UT, JJ sounding woman, but a man talking as well. A mess.
1251 woman talking 1517UT, not //1593, but sounded CC?
1269 HBC 1539 man talking //1287, but often there were things here not //1287... 1359 CNR1 echoey CC talk by woman //1593 and 6175 at 1520UT, huge carriers, not much audio
1386 NHK2 //828 1507UT, but often someone else as well
1395 unID deep voiced man 1532UT
1476 NHK2 s/off chimes //1539 1541UT, but by 1543UT was woman talking
1494 3 and 1 pips at 1500UT, but quite low pitched, no idea
1539 NHK2 s/off chimes 1541UT
1575 VoA and AFN?   1530UT VoA fanfare, but rap mx usually dominant

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

everywhere it seems; of note:  783 1008 1107 1206 1215 1404 1413 1458

best wishes,

Nick