[IRCA] TP 6 Nov, Victoria version

Except for a radio blackout yesterday, all conditions pointed to a reasonable Asiatic morning. I suspect that the best conditions were around 1300UT, because by 1330UT, it was getting pretty spotty. Everything you see listed below was the result of digging. One bright spot was that the recorder tells me that HLCA-972 was still somewhat readable as late at 1643UT, about 90 minutes after local sunrise.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

not today

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

567 JOIK main in JJ up to pips at 1300UT, followed by jazzy interlude, and more talk from man and woman 693 JOAB woman and man in JJ, little musical interlude and pips 1300UT, followed by weather report. Surprise of the morning, how clear it was, until I realized that CBU-690 was off the air, and only XEWW was IDing on the hour. I could learn to like that situation.
747 JOIB man in JJ 1413UT, briefly at this level
774 JOUB pips followed by wx report 1300UT, never better than this the rest of the morning. 972 HLCA, man in KK 1609UT, no better than this earlier; still somewhat readable 1616UT, 8dB stronger than 970, and at 1643UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

603 HLSA? laid back vocal mx 1603UT; only other time it was audible was at 1400UT, when woman talking, KBS2 chimes and single pip were heard; it was practically the only overseas audio on the band at this point!
1053 KK jammer 1301UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

594 JOAK? orchestral mx 1449UT, man talking 1451UT JJ inflection?
639 CNR1? woman then man talking, CC inflection, 1418UT; also CC sounding man 1532UT
738 Tahiti likely, woman talking  FF inflection 1402UT
828 JOBB weather report //774 1301UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):648

558 756 1017 1287 1323 1566

best wishes,

Nick