From: Russ Edmunds <amfmdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "am@xxxxxxxxxxx" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "amdx@xxxxxxxxxx" <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>; Chernos Saul <sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Amdx] 1640 unID - TIS possibly from Ohio

The three tones and a female voice indicate PA DOT or PA Turnpike. The calls are WPUV623. This is a PA DOT
series of transmitters located respectively at I-80 exits 16, 18, 19, & 21 in Clearfield, and exit 22 in Lock Haven, as
well as one on I-80 in DuBois. There's not any way to know which one you heard but since I hear no echoes of that
audio, it does appear that you heard only one.

One could, I suppose, plot the lat/longs given on FCC against elevation, or check elevations from the exits on I-80
and pick a most likely based on distance and elevation, but that's about all you can do.

BTW, I have 4 local 1640 PA Turnpike TIS stations, all running the same loop, but none in synch with the others as
to timing and all using the same calls. This is in part contrary to what the FCC's records show for calls and locations,
so either the FCC data isn't accurate or the Turnpike isn't operating with ID's associated with FCC records. Take your
pick.

Russ Edmunds, WB2BJH
15 mi NW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id