[IRCA] literature lesson

(you can tell DX is slow this evening...)

Walt's mention of the frog in the English lessons on NHK2 made me go back to my Gabriola recordings, where there was also this carrying on about a frog, only at very good level, and a steady signal....well, by gosh, it wasn't some weirdness cooked up in the back rooms of NHK....it's a short story by Haruki Marukami called "Superfrog saves Tokyo" (maybe weirdness cooked up in a garrett, or these days more likely during a university sabbatical; he's a contemporary author, as you might gather by the title). Presumably it was just the beginning that I heard two weeks ago, so likely it is a continuing saga on the EE lessons, which is what we heard yesterday morning, as there were no "ribbet"s on my earlier recording.

Croak on.

best wishes,

Nick