[IRCA] good portable receiver

I'm actually thinking more of a SS communications receiver now, I was only worried about what would fit in a suitcase and never even thought of regular receivers, anyone here familiar with an ICOM IC-70 general coverage receiver? I think I can probably pick one up for about 200-300 bucks and they get very good reviews on ham.net. even for MW reception. Are Kiwi filters still available for something like this? If not this receiver can anyone here recommend a good older receiver like this which also won't break the bank?

Bob Young
Millbury, Ms
KB1OKL