[IRCA] WDEV DX Test missed in Newfoundland - new catch later instead

[IRCA] WDEV DX Test missed in Newfoundland - new catch later instead

Hello To All,

The past five years have provided yours truly with a unique opportunity in an already much enjoyed hobby for the past forty five years. I speak of the first part of 2008, when in January of that year I had posted some medium wave loggings of what I had been hearing from here in Newfoundland on a newly aquired pocket sized Ultralight radio.

Following that posting I was asked by John Bryant , Gary DeBock, Robert Ross and others if I would like to share any of my future loggings with their newly formed Ultralight DX group membership.

My ocean side listening spot has allowed me to hear distant countries and locales that most people can only dream of hearing and to be able to do this using ultralight radios has only sweetened the experience and thrill of hearing faraway places by radio even more.

As many of you know,  Newfoundland is a prime DX location for hearing distant stations from many foreign lands. For a medium wave DXer who began his hobby at the age of 13 on the prairies of Western Canada a move to Newfoundland in later years has become a dream come true.

Because of that move and the people mentioned above from the Ultralight DX group who convinced me to join in the fun I would like to now present the log from earlier this morning of my 100 th country heard using an Ultralight radio.

This DX catch is dedicated to our Ultralight DX comrades, the late John Bryant and Kirk Allen

920 khz - PARAGUAY - Radio Nacional Del Paraguay ZP1   Asuncion   6:30 UTC  8/17/13 w/ Spanish talk, lite snippet of intrumental flute music , ID's " La Radio Publica " , several mentions of Asuncion
(signal came out on top for a few moments from a mix previously with CKNX Ontario and WHYY Rhode Island.)  // website feed online

Ultralight Station #  1106      ULR  Latin Station # 234      Ultralight Country # 100

Receiver: Sony SRF-M37W  barefoot

By the way I missed /slept through the DX test from WDEV Vermont earlier this morning.

Good DX

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland
47:43N  53:11W