Re: [IRCA] Michigan DU's this morning 6/2/2013

Re: [IRCA] Michigan DU's this morning 6/2/2013

Hi Richard,

Congratulations on your recent new station catch from Mexico.

<<<   I listened on my ultralight Sony SRF-T615 at local
sunrise (1114 UTC).  There was a barely audible
het heard on 702 kHz (2BL?).  A stronger het was
observed on 1008 (4TAB?).

I might heard more if I'd used the 7-inch FSL.   >>>

If you would like to hear exactly how much your 7" FSL antenna would boost the weak DX signals on your barefoot Sony SRF-T615, this Ultralightdx message has links for four weak signal-comparison MP3's.  It was posted just before Rob's 7" FSL was shipped to London, Ontario.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

I listened on my ultralight Sony SRF-T615 at local
sunrise (1114 UTC).  There was a barely audible
het heard on 702 kHz (2BL?).  A stronger het was
observed on 1008 (4TAB?).

Early I noticed a strong het on 738 kHz on a Tecsun
PL-310ET. Too much QRM from nearby KRMG.

I might heard more if I'd used the 7-inch FSL.

Good DX.

Richard Allen
near Perry OK USA.