From: d1028gary@xxxxxxx
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:42:43 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Antenna Shootout in Puyallup

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comment on the new 12" Broadband FSL antenna.

This antenna is an adaptation of the new 12" Standard (single-optimized-frequency) FSL antenna, which was developed for live DXing with Ultralight radios at Pacific Ocean cliff sites this summer (design photo posted at http://www.mediafire.com/view/8dmg6yx83vl7a0a/12inchFSLprojects-037.jpg ). Both of these antennas were very recently developed, so unfortunately no construction details are available yet for either of them. The 12" Broadband FSL version has been transferred over to hometown buddy Guy Atkins for extensive DU-DXing tests with the Perseus-SDR at ocean cliff sites this summer, after which we should have a pretty clear picture of how it stacks up against other broadband DXpedition antennas (in combination with the newly-discovered ocean cliff propagation boost).

The design principles of FSL antenna sensitivity boosts are pretty clear, however, so this 12" Broadband FSL model is probably not the "final word" in monster FSL development. Construction of a larger (and more sensitive) FSL model is already planned for next winter.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)