[IRCA] TP for 22 Mar 2013; Victoria version

A strictly DU morning here (I think; 567 remains a mystery), and lest Gary point
out that while he hears the Chinese and Koreans, I get to hear the DUs, I must
say that most everything heard this morning was quite erratic, and dug out of
the undergrowth by using the DX Fishbarrel and/or playing back the SDR
recording.  Usually only one audio at a time made parallels difficult, and
splash and static were the watchwords.  On the other hand, a couple of 10kw
Aussies are not to be sneezed at, weak though they may have been.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

nope

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

nothing here either

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

567 female vocal mx 1324UT; first thought was JOIK, as it wasn't standard
Western pop, but I heard no other Asiatics
612 4QR woman talking, then man, followed by woman saying "ABC news Canberra" 1401UT
702 DU EE talk by man 1351UT presumably 2BL
774 man and woman talking DU EE, at 1332UT, presumed 3LO, but no parallels available
1116 4BC presumed, man talking DU EE 1331UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

594 DU EE inflected talk by man 1358UT; no ABC parallels available at this time
738 woman talking 1326UT
756 man talking 1326UT, noted //819 at 1405UT, so R.NZ National
819 R. New Zealand National.  man talking 1405UT //756, fairly steady for a few
minutes, unlike most other DX today
828 3GI woman talking 1400UT, after fanfare on hour, //to and delayed very
slightly from 612. Incomprehensible without the parallel.
855 4QO (4QB nulls this way?) woman talking 1400UT //612 and leading it slightly.
909 unID. light instrumental mx briefly out of the murk 1402UT
891 man talking, DU EE inflection 1330UT and again at 1356UT

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

603 918 963 1008

best wishes,

Nick

--