[IRCA] NE Oregon Monday TPs (new location)

[IRCA] NE Oregon Monday TPs (new location)

I'm moved to a new location a few miles north of La Grande, OR, about 19 miles south of where I used to be near Elgin. I only have room for small antennas, and the active whip is proving to be the best one so far. This morning had many 9 kHz carriers, with audio on at least one. 1422 was the best with jazz and female vocal singing "Over the Rainbow" 1422 utc. The problem with an active whip is being nondirectional, at this inland location. Lots of strong hets but hard to get audio due to all the domestic splatter. I'm really missing my longwires at the old location, ha. 164 Mongolia was at weak level at 1302 utc, and Russia on 153, 189, 279 also. Russia finally ended, apparently going off the air at 1500, with audio still heard at 1500 then abruptly going off.

Steve
NE Oregon (La Grande)
R75, active whip