Re: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP DX 10/28/12

Gary:

I think mastering the FSL is impossible. I just take it one step at a time. It seems the distance between the antenna and the receiver varies with frequency and receiver,
as well as location. With the Tecsun receivers it easier to peak the antenna by ear than using the signal meter.

For domestic DX, the PL-360 is as good the FSL as the PL-606. It works with and without the stock plug-in AM antenna. The 7.5-inch plug-in antenna is a little too much for
the combination.

This morning, I heard 1280-KZNS, Salt Lake City UT, with the PL-360/FSL combo a hour and half after sunrise. The station was skipping in with a good signal in the null of
1280-KSOK, Arkansas City KS. Unfortunately, no other Utah stations were heard.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.