Re: [IRCA] Help with web site

On Saturday 27 October 2012 14:23:46 BARRY DAVIES wrote:
> Still can't get through. Microsoft say they pinged topazdesigns but got no
>  reply. Has the service closed down?

My Internet connection went down Friday afternoon.  My ISP was able to do a
remote check of my cable modem and said that it was indicating "weak signal".
It looks like a service tech won't show up until Monday afternoon (lousy
service, but the alternative provider is probably no better), but in the
meantime, my connection mysteriously reappeared this morning at around 0500
EDT.  So, it's that most annoying of problems, an intermittent, presumably in
the cable drop outside the house (I suspect rodents).  So, all bets are off
as far as how long it will keep working, and whether a permanent fix is in
the offing.  Doesn't help that there is a lot of heavy rain headed our way in
the next few days...

In any case, there are no plans to close the service, but don't be surprised
if it disappears from time to time.  :-(

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON